Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1875 - 1880


260674, 112498

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay four-storey house, built 1877. Extensively renovated, c.2000, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. Now in use as offices to upper floors. Pitched roof with replacement artificial slate, c.2000, concrete ridge tiles, and cast-iron rainwater goods on moulded rendered eaves. Painted replacement cement rendered walls, c.2000, with courses to each floor. Square-headed window openings with rendered sill courses, and moulded rendered surrounds. Replacement 3/6 and 6/6 timber sash windows, c.2000. Replacement timber shopfront, c.2000, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber double doors, and timber fascia over with consoles and moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.


This house is an attractive substantial composition of balanced proportions that has been sympathetically restored with replacement features and materials installed in keeping with the original integrity of the design. The scale and massing of the house, which rises above the surrounding terrace, result in a prominent feature in the streetscape.