Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1810 - 1830
Terraced two-bay four-storey house, c.1820, retaining some original fenestration. Reroofed and renovated, c.1995, with replacement shopfront inserted to ground floor. One of a pair. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement fibre-cement slate, c.1995, clay ridge tiles, and replacement uPVC rainwater goods, c.1995, on rendered eaves. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. 3/3 and 6/6 timber sash windows. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.1995, to first floor. Replacement timber shopfront, c.1995, to ground floor with pilasters, fixed-pane timber display windows, glazed timber double doors, and timber fascia over with consoles and cornice. Road fronted with concrete flagged footpath to front.
This house, built as one of a pair, has been reasonably well maintained to retain its original form and some of its original character. The balanced arrangement of the openings to the upper floors, with a substantial wall mass between the openings, suggests a building of considerable age. The house retains some important early and/or original salient features and materials. The house, together with the second in the pair (22501088/WD-5632-21-88), forms an important component of the streetscape of Barronstrand Street.