Categories of Special Interest
1790 - 1810
End-of-terrace two-bay three-storey house, c.1800. Renovated and amalgamated with buildings to south-east, c.1925, with shared pubfront inserted to ground floor. Extended, c.1975, comprising single-bay three-storey parallel return to south-west. Reroofed and refenestrated, c.2000. Pitched (shared) M-profile roof with replacement artificial slate, c.2000, concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls with rendered quoins. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.2000. Shared timber pubfront, c.1925, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, decorative consoles, fixed-pane timber display windows, timber panelled double doors with overlights, and shared timber fascia over with dentilated moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
This house, which has been amalgamated with further buildings to south-east (22500142, 382/WD-5632-16-142, 382) to accommodate a commercial use, nevertheless retains most of its original balanced form to the upper floors. The pubfront to ground floor is an attractive composition of artistic significance. The house remains an important component of the streetscape of Mary Street.