Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1790 - 1810
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1800. Renovated and amalgamated with buildings to north-west and to south-east, c.1925, with shared pubfront inserted to ground floor. Reroofed and refenestrated, c.2000. Pitched (shared) roof with replacement artificial slate, c.2000, concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks, and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.2000. Shared timber pubfront, c.1925, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, decorative consoles, fixed-pane timber display windows, timber panelled double doors with overlights, and shared timber fascia over with dentilated moulded cornice. Road fronted with concrete footpath to front.
This house, which has been amalgamated with further buildings to north-west (22500383/WD-5632-16-383) and to south-east (22500142/WD-5632-16-142) to accommodate a commercial use, nevertheless retains most of its original balanced form to the upper floors. The pubfront to ground floor is an attractive composition of artistic significance. The house remains an important component of the streetscape of Mary Street.