Categories of Special Interest
1790 - 1810
Terraced three-bay three-storey house, c.1800, on a corner site with four-bay three-storey side elevation to north-east. Renovated and amalgamated with buildings to north-west, c.1925, with shared pubfront inserted to ground floor. Reroofed and refenestrated, c.2000. Pitched (shared) roof on an L-shaped plan (forming hip to corner) with replacement artificial slate, c.2000, concrete ridge tiles, rendered chimney stacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted rendered, ruled and lined walls. Square-headed window openings with stone sills. Replacement uPVC casement windows, c.2000. Shared timber pubfront, c.1925, to ground floor with panelled pilasters, decorative consoles, fixed-pane timber display windows, timber panelled double doors with overlights, and shared timber fascia over with dentilated moulded cornice. Road fronted on a corner site with concrete footpath to front.
This house, which has been amalgamated with further buildings to north-west (22500382 - 3/WD-5632-16-382 - 3) to accommodate a commercial use, nevertheless retains most of its original balanced form to the upper floors. The pubfront to ground floor is an attractive composition of artistic significance. The house remains an important component of the streetscape, forming the corner linking Mary Street with Bridge Street.