1820 - 1840
Detached five-bay two-storey house with dormer attic, built c. 1830, with recessed two-bay two-storey wing to south-west, glazed cast-iron porch addition to south-east and having range of converted outbuildings to north-east. Now also in use as agricultural centre. Hipped slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks and with pedimented gabled dormers to main block. Roughcast rendered walls. Square-heading two-over-two pane timber sash windows, three-over-three to dormers. Tripartite to later block, with nine-over-six pane to ground and six-over-six to first floor. Elongated and with casement frames to ground floor of main block, and having stone sills to upper floors of main and all of later block. Polygonal porch comprises cast-iron colonettes with brackets supporting eaves and framing glazed panels, coloured around doorway and with decorative grill above. Replacement glazed timber door. Flight of limestone steps to garden flanked by decorative urns. Extensive rubble limestone outbuildings to west, one with central segmental carriage arch with pitching door above under gablet. Three-bay single-storey gate lodge, built c. 1850, to east, withone-over-one pane timber sash windows.
This fine country house forms part of an interesting group with the related outbuildings and gate lodge. The gabled dormers, slate roof and timber sash windows are notable features of the building. The house has been altered to accommodate changing fashions, with the elongation of the ground floor openings. The cast-iron porch is a particularly interesting feature of the building, and retains coloured glass, decorative panels, and well-executed brackets.