1870 - 1875
Detached gable-fronted church, built 1872, with bellcote over front and five-bay nave with lower three-bay single-storey sacristy to south-west corner. Pitched slate roof with cut stone cross finials and bellcote to north-west gable and cut stone cross finial and chimney to sacristy. Rock-faced limestone walls with cut limestone diagonal buttresses to front elevation, sandstone quoins to south elevation and cut limestone quoins and barges to sacristy. Triple lancet stained glass windows to front elevation having chamfered limestone surrounds and hood moulding. Pointed-arched windows to other elevations with diamond glazed windows having chamfered sandstone surrounds. Sacristy has triple lancet windows with chamfered limestone surrounds. Pointed-arched main entrance to church with timber matchboard double doors and overlight in carved limestone doorcase with hood moulding and block-and-start surround. Sacristy has pointed and flat-headed doorways with chamfered limestone surrounds. Open timber arched braced roof to interior of church. Graveyard to site.
This church retains its original form and structure which is enhanced by the retention of interesting features and materials such as the slate roof and cut stone finials. The sandstone ashlar window surrounds and quoins to the south elevation and the cut limestone detailing to the sacristy create a textural contrast with the rock-faced limestone masonry walls. The carved limestone hood mouldings to the entrance and the limestone ashlar lancet window surrounds are clearly the work of skilled craftsmen.