1810 - 1850
Detached three-bay two-storey former RIC barracks, built c. 1830, now in use as house. Hipped artificial slate roof with eaves brackets and rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with square-headed openings having stone sills and replacement uPVC windows. Segmental-headed door opening with timber panelled door and overlight. Cast-iron and timber fence to front boundary.
This former barracks retains much of its original form and is a notable aspect on the streetscape and village of Portroe. Its façade is enlivened by features such as the cornice and arched doorway.