1840 - 1860
BALLINDERRY (KILBARRON PR)
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1850, having three-bay side elevations and two-bay two-storey addition with five-bay side elevations to north added in the 1860s. Single-storey porch to front elevation having balcony over. Hipped slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks and ceramic pots. Ruled-and-lined render to walls. Timber sash windows, one-over-one pane to main block and six-over-six pane to addition, with cut stone sills. Double-leaf glazed timber doors to porch and to inner door. Enclosed courtyard to rear incorporating two-storey service wing and two-storey outbuildings with hipped slate roofs and with some circular vents with cut stone surrounds. Carriage arch entrance to north-east side of yard has dressed stone jambs and brick segmental arch. Cut stone surrounds to circular windows to outbuildings.
Situated in on a secluded site on the shores of Lough Derg this house can only be seen from the lake. The complex of the main house with adjoining outbuildings forming a courtyard has been very well maintained and retains its original character with slate roofs, timber sash windows and cobbled yard.