1750 - 1790
Detached five-bay three-storey over basement house, built c. 1770, with five-bay side elevations and with single-storey scullery with lean-to slate roof to north-west. Hipped slate roof with central rendered chimneystacks. Ruled-and-lined lime render to front façade with roughcast lime render to remaining walls. Moulded limestone cornice and cut stone quoins. Timber sash windows, one-over-one pane to ground floor, two-over-two to pane to first floor and to return, having moulded limestone sills. Cut limestone pedimented doorcase having fluted pilasters and carved motif to pediment. Nine-panel timber door in square-headed opening, flanked by side lights and approached by limestone steps. Upper floors of central bay echo pattern of entrance, with standard-width windows flanked by narrow windows, with niche to second floor. Majority of original features retained. Large yard to rear of house comprising single-storey random limestone buildings with pitched slate and corrugated-iron roofs, some of which were originally domestic. Squared limestone bellcote with bell at north-east entrance to yard. Two further stone outbuildings to north-west of yard.
A totally unspoilt medium-sized country house with finely-carved limestone details such as doorcase, cornice and window sills which have survived in near perfect condition. The ruled and lined lime render of the front façade simulates ashlar stonework and the retention of the slate roof and outbuildings to the yard conserves the house's character and setting. Drominagh gate lodge, Drominagh Lodge and the toll bridge were all part of the original demesne.