Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social

Original Use


In Use As

Presbytery/parochial/curate's house


1880 - 1900


202954, 166515

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Detached three-bay two-storey parochial house with canted bay windows flanking entrance, built c. 1890. Hipped slate roofs with timber eaves brackets and having rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls, line-and-ruled to ground floor, with render quoins and plinth. Square-headed openings with uPVC replacement windows and stone sills. Label mouldings over first floor openings. Four-centred recessed entrance with roll moulding and with render hood moulding and having timber panelled and glazed door with fanlight and sidelights. Flight of cut stone steps leading to the entrance. Two-storey outbuilding with advanced, higher central part, having pitched slate roofs, rendered chimneystacks and timber fixed windows.


The regular and symmetrical form of this house is enhanced by the coherent decorative scheme, which includes the render mouldings and the highly ornate doorway. The position of the house, atop a steep incline, makes it a dominant building in the surrounding area. The house and the outbuilding form an interesting group of related structures.