Survey Data

Reg No

22303065


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Rectory/glebe/vicarage/curate's house


In Use As

House


Date

1800 - 1820


Coordinates

213689, 189237


Date Recorded

20/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached three-bay two-storey former glebe house over basement, built c.1810, having two-storey gable-fronted breakfront. Two basement level glass and timber conservatories to front elevation. Hipped artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and cast-iron rainwater goods. Roughcast rendered walls. Square-headed openings with single and tripartite timber sliding sash six-over-six pane windows and some replacement uPVC windows, having stone sills and render surrounds. Timber panelled door with fanlight and sidelights approached by flight of steps. Garden around house with cast-iron railings and gate.

Appraisal

The scale, form and setting of this former glebe house make it a notable feature on the streetscape. Its façade is enlivened by the central breakfront, flight of steps and doorcase while its form is enhanced by the retention of the varied timber sash windows.