Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Terraced four-bay two-storey former house, built c.1800, with integral carriage arch. Now in use as office, with timber shopfront to ground floor. Pitched artificial slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins. Timber sliding sash two-over-two pane windows with render surrounds and stone sills. Elliptical-headed carriage arch with cast-iron gate. Shopfront comprising timber pilasters flanking openings, with timber brackets, fascia and cornice above, having carved timber plate-glass windows and with timber panelled double-leaf door.
The regular form of this building is enhanced by render features, such as quoins and window surrounds, and by the timber shopfront. It retains notable features such as the timber sash windows and carriage arch.