Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1770 - 1775
Detached three-bay single-storey former Quaker meetinghouse, built 1773, with later addition to rear. Now used for storage. Pitched slate roof. Rendered walls with slate hanging to south gable. Square-headed fixed timber windows to south elevation, one partly blocked to make doorway. North elevation largely replaced by folding doors accessing addition. Segmental-headed entrance opening in later lobby addition to east.
This is a rare surviving example in the region of a Quaker meetinghouse. Its hidden location and simple form reflect the ethos of the congregation. The tall windows are typical of a religious structure and the unusual slate-hung gable adds visual and architectural interest.