Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1885
End-of-terrace L-plan three-bay two-storey former Masonic hall, built 1881, partly gable-fronted and having integral carriageway. Flat and pitched slate roofs with rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with limestone date plaque inscribed 1773. Square-headed openings with fixed timber windows and stone sills. Square-headed carriage arch with timber battened double-leaf door. Square-headed doorway with timber panelled door having render brackets, cornice, pediment, replacement timber door with sidelights and with limestone date plaque above.
This former Masonic hall is a modest building with interesting decorative details, including render decoration to the entrance, and date plaques. It offers diversity of form and size to the streetscape and forms part of the social history of the town.