Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1890 - 1900
Detached two-bay two-storey signal box, built c.1895. Pitched slate roof with cast-iron rainwater goods and carved timber finials and bargeboards. Red brick and timber-clad walls with stone plinth. Segmental-arch openings to ground floor with timber windows and concrete sills. Square-headed continuous timber window to first floor.
This signal box forms part of an interesting group of related structures including a railway bridge, railway station and goods shed. It retains its original form as well as interesting features such as timber clapboard walls and timber windows. It offers diversity of materials, texture and design to the railway complex.