Categories of Special Interest
1800 - 1830
Three-bay two-storey former miller's house on skewed plan, built c.1815, having dormer attic, with attached mill buildings to southwest. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and with blocked dormers to rear slope. Roughcast rendered walls. Timber sliding sash six-over-six pane windows with stone sills. Panelled timber door with spoked fanlight set in round-headed recessed doorway.
Built as an integral part of the mill complex, this former miller's house is unusual in form being built on a corner site with one bay built at an angle to the rest of the front façade. A landmark building located near the crossroads at the north end of the town and retaining its original character and most of its original external features, including small-pane sash windows, doorway, lime render and slate roof.