Survey Data

Reg No

22302003


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Social


Original Use

Presbytery/parochial/curate's house


In Use As

House


Date

1870 - 1910


Coordinates

191678, 194143


Date Recorded

31/08/2004


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Detached two-pile three-bay two-storey parochial house, built c.1890. Now in use as private house. Single-storey wing with garage to west and hipped projection to front containing recessed central porch flanked by pairs of windows. M-profile slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Rendered walls with stucco quoins. Timber sliding sash one-over-one pane windows with stone sills. Carved timber and decorative cast-iron to porch. Timber panelled door with fanlight. Rendered boundary walls to site.

Appraisal

A prominent detached building located opposite the former Catholic church, this house differs from the terraced houses of the remainder of the town. Its external character is maintained by the retention of timber sash windows, carved timber detail to the porch and the slate roof.