Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1830 - 1850
Detached three-bay two-storey house over half-basement, built c.1840, with two-bay single-storey extension to west. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and moulded eaves brackets. Roughcast rendered walls with slate-hung gable elevations. Square-headed openings with limestone sills and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Elliptical-headed door opening with timber panelled door, paned sidelights, spoked fanlight and moulded render surround, approached by flight of limestone steps with cast-iron railings. Rendered boundary walls and piers with cast-iron gates.
This evenly proportioned house forms a pair with one of similar design and detailing to the east. Its regular form is enlivened by the fine doorway. The retention of interesting features such as the slate-hung gables and limestone steps adds further interest to the site.