Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1830
Corner-sited two-bay three-storey house over basement, built c.1815, one of pair, southern bay being shared with neighbouring house to south. Pitched slate roof, with partly-rendered brick chimneystacks, eaves course to front elevation and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls, ruled-and-lined to front elevation and roughcast elsewhere. Square-headed timber sliding sash windows, tripartite to northern bay of front elevation, three-over-six pane to top floor front and six-over-six pane elsewhere, with limestone sills. Round-headed doorway with moulded render surround, plinth blocks, decorative leaded fanlight and timber panelled door, accessed by limestone steps shared with neighbouring house.
This house, one of a symmetrical pair, is unusual in the town. It is notable for sharing one of its bays and the steps to its doorway with its neighbour. The hornless tripartite sash windows and fine fanlight are attractive features.