Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1800 - 1810
Semi-detached three-bay four-storey house with attic, built c.1805, with piano nobile storey accessed by flight of limestone steps with wrought-iron railings to front elevation. Pitched roof with cast-iron rainwater goods. Rendered walls with square-headed openings having limestone sills with replacement uPVC windows to top floor, and timber sliding sash windows to other floors, being nine-over-six pane to second floor, six-over-six pane to first and barred three-over-three pane to ground floor. Round-headed window to rear. Segmental-headed door opening with moulded limestone surround and render doorcase, comprising engaged columns, decorative frieze, moulded cornice and having timber panelled door and petal fanlight. Square-headed opening under steps with replacement timber door.
This house forms a pair with the adjoining house to the east. Its raised entrance is typical of houses on the quay, whose form reflects the need to protect them in the event of flooding from the River Suir. Its regular façade is enhanced by the flight of limestone steps and by the petal fanlight and doorcase, and the retention of timber sash windows.