Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1760 - 1770
Semi-detached three-bay three-storey house, built c.1765, with carriage arch to east. Pitched slate roof with limestone eaves course. Rendered walls to ground floor, slate-hung walls to upper floors with steel tie-plates, and rendered and rubble stone walls to east elevation. Rubble sandstone walling above carriage arch. Square-headed openings with limestone sills and timber sliding sash windows, two-over-two pane to second floor and six-over-six pane to first and ground floors. Recessed round-headed door opening with timber panelled door, cobweb fanlight and limestone steps. Segmental-headed carriage arch with painted limestone voussoirs, surround and imposts and timber battened door. Cast-iron boundary railings on limestone plinths to front of site.
This house forms a pair with the adjoining house to the west. It retains its original form, as well as its interesting slate-hung front elevation and the carriage arch. Its form is enhanced by the retention of timber sliding sash windows, cobweb fanlight and cast-iron railings.