1840 - 1850
Terraced three-bay single-storey savings bank, built c.1845, having pedimented breakfront. Now in use as part of hotel. Carved limestone cornice, eaves course and pediment. Painted lined-and-ruled rendered walls with cut limestone quoins and plinth, having rusticated limestone pilasters to breakfront, and recessed limestone panels over windows. Round-headed carved limestone arch to breakfront with scroll keystone and square-headed limestone panel above. Square-headed window openings with replacement uPVC windows having carved limestone sills, moulded surrounds and scroll consoles, with cornice to central window and pediments to flanking windows.
Of apparent architectural design, this former bank provides a notable addition to the streetscape. Much attention has been paid to decoration and well-executed classical elements, such as the pediment and window surrounds enhance and articulate the regular form of the structure.