Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1840
Terraced single-bay three-storey house, built c.1830. Now in use as shop, with shopfront to ground floor. Pitched slate roof with eaves course and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted lined-and-ruled rendered walls. Square-headed window openings with render surrounds, timber sliding sash windows, two-over-two pane to second floor, double with one-over-one-pane and painted stone sill to first floor. Shopfront comprising fluted render pilasters flanking openings with fluted render brackets, caps, fascia and cornice, having square-headed plate glass window, rendered stall riser and square-headed opening with timber panelled half-glazed door.
The modest size and scale of this building make it an interesting and attractive part of the streetscape. Its façade is enlivened by the retention of the varying timber sash windows and well-executed shopfront, which is an increasingly rare feature in Clonmel.