Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1910 - 1920
Terraced three-storey bank, built c.1915, with four-bay ground floor and three-bay first floor. Red brick walls to first and second floors and ceramic and marble clad walls to ground floor with coved ceramic cornice. Square-headed openings to upper floors, central bays consisting of groups of three windows with carved limestone surrounds, all with timber sliding sash windows. Four-over-four pane to first floor and four-over-two to second except for centre-most windows to each floor which are one pane wider. Limestone sills to second floor and cut limestone sill course to first floor. Ground floor has square-headed fixed timber display windows and recessed square-headed door opening with timber battened door and over-light.
This building offers variety of style and form to the streetscape. It incorporates classical decorative elements, such as the triple windows and surrounds, and Modern Movement elements, such as the clad ground floor. Its façade is enlivened by the variety of materials and textures.