Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1850 - 1870
End-of-terrace two-storey house, built c. 1860, with four-bay first and three-bay ground floors. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed openings with limestone sills and timber sliding sash windows, six-over-six pane to first floor and tripartite one-over-one pane to ground floor. Elliptical-headed door opening with moulded render surround, stone plinth blocks, timber panelled door flanked by panelled timber pilasters and with petal fanlight above. Side access to rear with cast-iron and wrought-iron gate.
The large scale and asymmetry of the window distribution of this building mark it out in the streetscape. It retains interesting features such as the timber sash windows and fine doorcase.