1900 - 1905
End-of-terrace two-bay two-storey house, formerly also in use as shop, built 1902, with three-bay two-storey former house return. Renovated 2014/2015. Pitched slate roofs with brick chimneystacks and decorative render eaves course. Painted smooth rendered walls with decorative render corner pilasters to first floor, continuing around gable, and having plaque to front elevation and plaque and date in render to north gable. Rendered rubble limestone to return. Square-headed window openings with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows, with moulded render surrounds, continuous label-moulding and limestone sills. Return has six-over-six pane timber sliding sash windows and timber panelled door with over-light. Timber shopfront comprises timber double-leaf door with paned over-light flanked by fixed multiple-pane display windows, flanked by render fluted pilasters supporting timber fascia with moulded cornice.
This house/shop was the family home of the noted Irish patriot, writer and poet, Charles J. Kickham, and several of his works were written here. The decorative render finish and the well-executed shopfront enliven the façade of the building and provide architectural and artistic interest to the streetscape.