1900 - 1910
Wall-mounted cast-iron post box, c.1905, with royal insignia of Edward VII, set in rendered boundary wall of Church of Ireland Cathedral of St John Baptist.
This cast-iron post-box forms a modest though attractive addition to John Street. The recognisable form and simple detailing illustrate the artistic qualities of mass production at the time of its casting. This box is part of an interesting group of three large wall-mounted post-boxes in Cashel.