Survey Data

Reg No

22105039


Rating

Regional


Categories of Special Interest

Architectural Artistic Social


Original Use

House


In Use As

House


Date

1860 - 1880


Coordinates

207660, 140588


Date Recorded

13/06/2005


Date Updated

--/--/--


Description

Terraced single-bay three-storey house, built c.1870, now also in use as public house and having timber pub-front to ground floor and shared square-headed integral passageway to front elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins and recent cast-iron lamps. Square-headed tripartite windows, replacement uPVC to middle and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash to sides, with render surrounds, decorative render consoles, cornice and painted stone sills. Shopfront comprising paired decorative carved timber pilasters to ends with decorative capitals, timber fascia with raised lettering and cornice. Square-headed divided timber display window with panels to stall riser. Timber panelled door with over-light.

Appraisal

This house/shop is part of a rare survival of a relatively intact traditional Irish small-town streetscape. Its taller form, flanked by lower neighbours, forms part of a visually appealing undulating roofscape. Its façade is enlivened by the decorative render window surrounds and the well-executed shopfront.