1760 - 1780
Detached five-bay three-storey country house, built c. 1770, having four-bay single-storey extension to north and two-bay two-storey extension to rear (west) elevation. Pitched slate roof having overhanging eaves and rendered chimneystacks. Pitched slate roof with brick chimneystack to north extension. Pitched artificial slate roof to rear extension. Roughcast rendered walls having render strip quoins and carved limestone heraldic plaque. Square-headed openings with timber casement windows and concrete sills. Segmental-headed opening having fluted Doric style pilasters flanking timber panelled door with spoked fanlight and sidelights having timber risers. Single-arch sandstone bridge to east having dressed voussoirs to round-headed arches. Triple-arch sandstone bridge to south with dressed voussoirs to round-headed arches. Two-bay single-storey outbuilding to east having hipped slate roof with brick chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Rubble sandstone and limestone walls. Square-headed openings to front (north) elevation with stone sills and replacement timber casement windows. Square-headed opening to front having timber battened half-door. Pointed arch opening to rear (east) elevation with brick voussoirs, quarry glazed window and limestone sill. Pointed arch opening to rear having brick voussoirs and stained glass window.
The house retains much of its original form, including wide chimneystacks to the gables and relative lack of depth in the plan, which are typical features of an eighteenth-century building. The simple fenestration rhythm and diminishing windows subtly enliven the regular, classically inspired façade. The cut limestone plaque is a notable feature, which adds artistic interest and valuable context to the site. This building forms part of a notable group with the bridges and fine outbuilding to south-east.