Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1870 - 1890
Detached three-bay two-storey former teacher's house, built c. 1880, having porch to front and two-storey extension to rear (west) elevation. Pitched slate roof with overhanging eaves and rendered chimneystacks. Flat roof to porch. Rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed openings having two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows and painted sills. Round-headed openings to porch, east elevation with shared sill. Round-headed opening to porch having replacement uPVC glazed overlight and door. Gable-fronted single-bay single-storey outbuilding to north with pitched corrugated-iron roof. Roughcast rendered walls. Square-headed opening with double-leaf timber battened doors. Pair of square-profile rendered piers to east with rusticated limestone caps and double-leaf cast-iron gates. Rubble limestone boundary walls to site.
This modest house retains much of its original form, including the porch, which is an interesting later addition. Features such as the timber sash windows and slate roof help to preserve the original appearance of the structure. The house is of social interest, forming part of a group with the nearby national school.