1780 - 1800
Detached five-bay single-storey lobby entry thatched house, built c. 1790, having adjoining two-bay single-storey outbuilding to west elevation. Hipped and pitched thatched roof with brick chimneystack. Roughcast rendered walls. Square-headed openings having painted concrete and stone sills and replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed opening with half-glazed timber panelled door. Pitched corrugated-iron roof to outbuilding. Flight of painted stone steps to east elevation. Pair of square-profile rendered piers to east having double-leaf metal gates, sweeping render walls terminating in second pair of piers.
This traditional well maintained thatched house forms an important part of West Limerick's vernacular heritage, as identified by features such as its single-storey massing and steeply pitched thatched roof. The house presents an early aspect with much of the original form intact including aspects such as the arrangement of the openings, which retain an informal quality. Positioned such that the gable addresses the road, the house forms a pleasing feature in the landscape.