1740 - 1850
Twelve-arch limestone road bridge over the River Shannon, built in phases c. 1750 and 1840. Dressed stone walls having cut voussoirs to round-headed arches. V-cutwaters to east and west elevations. Some arches lined with corrugated-iron.
This impressive, large multiple-arched bridge forms a prominent landmark in the area, separating County Limerick from County Clare. Built in phases, it replaces an early sixteenth century structure and may still contain fabric from that period. Spanning the River Shannon in an arcade of graceful arches, it is a fine example of high quality craftsmanship and engineering.