Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1820 - 1860
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1840. Now in use as office. Pitched artificial slate roof with roughcast rendered chimneystack, timber clad eaves course and uPVC rainwater goods. Rough cast rendered walls to first and second floors of front (south) elevation, rendered wall and plinth to ground floor. Square-headed window opening with rendered sills, having timber-framed tripartite windows to ground and first floor with one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. One-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows to second floor. Square-headed door opening having timber panelled door flanked by glazed timber sidelights giving access to internal porch. Two-storey outbuilding to north of house having pitched slate roof and exposed rubble stone walls. Square-headed window openings having dressed stone voussoirs, red brick block-and-start surrounds and stone sills to rear elevation, now blocked. Located fronting directly onto street.
Having been well maintained, this attractive former town house has maintained much of its historic character through the retention of historic features including tripartite sash windows and a substantial outbuilding. Tooled limestone sills, voussoirs and red brick surrounds further enliven the building's façade.