1900 - 1940
End-of-terrace three-bay two-storey former shop, built c. 1920, having render and timber shopfront to front (south) elevation. Four-bay two-storey return, recent two-storey hipped slate roofed extension with single-bay single-storey extension to rear (north). Currently in use as public house. Pitched artificial slate roofs, with exception of hipped artificial slate roof to extension. Dentilated render eaves course to front elevation with uPVC rainwater goods. Rendered walls to front, side (east) and rear elevations with decorative render quoins to first floor front elevation. Red brick walls to first floor of rear addition with moulded render stringcourse between ground and first floors. Square-headed window openings having splayed moulded render surrounds to front elevation with decorative keystones and replacement timber casement windows. Square-headed window openings with render sills to rear return having one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows to first floor. Replacement timber and uPVC casement windows elsewhere. Square-headed door openings throughout, having replacement timber panelled door surmounted by overlight to front elevation, double- and single-leaf timber battened doors to rear and side (west) elevations. Render shopfront comprising consoles with decorative foliate motifs and moulded cornice over recent timber shopfront with bakelite frieze. Square-headed window openings having replacement fixed timber-framed display windows. Square-headed door opening having double-leaf timber battened doors. Single-leaf wrought-iron gate to eastern end of front elevation giving access to rear.
This modestly scaled house is an interesting feature of the streetscape. Unusual render window surrounds with decorative interlacing to the keystones and a dentilated cornice to the eaves, greatly enhance the visual appeal of this building. Although with a modern shopfront, traces of the historic render shopfront survives and aids in maintaining the building's essential historic character.