1880 - 1920
Terraced two-bay three-storey former house, built c. 1900, having recent timber shopfront to front (south). Now in use as retail unit. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack, dentilated cornice to rendered eaves course and uPVC rainwater goods. Rendered walls with pock-marked render quoins, having moulded render sill band to second floor. Diminishing square-headed window openings with render sills, having moulded render surrounds with splayed termini to first floor, having masked keystones surmounted by raised render interlace motifs. Corbelled sills to second floor having decorative render surrounds with foliate motif and decorative corbels. Replacement timber casement windows throughout. Replacement timber shopfront with timber-framed display windows with bowed bays to internal porch. Square-headed door opening having glazed-timber door. Located fronting directly onto Main Street.
The large amount of render decoration to the façade of this fine building is possibly the work of Pat McAuliffe (1846-1921), a local artisan builder, or by a local builder who was influenced by McAuliffe's work within the area. Heavily rusticated quoins coupled with a dentilated cornice and interlacing motifs create a striking composition which attests to the skill of the craftsmen involved. Although modernised, a fine slate roof remains and aids in maintaining the historic character of this building, which is essential to the surrounding streetscape.