1770 - 1810
Semi-detached four-bay two-storey house, built c. 1790, formerly two houses, in use as shop and having shopfront to ground floor east (front) elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed opening with moulded render surrounds and one-over-one and two-over-two pane timber sliding sash windows. Square-headed opening with replacement timber door. Shopfront comprising render channelled pilasters with render architrave, fascia and cornice above. Square-headed opening with fixed pane timber window. Square-headed opening with timber panelled door.
This building was formerly two houses. The small windows are articulated and emphasised by the render surrounds and are notable for their retention of timber sash windows. The building is prominently sited in the main square of the town, while the shopfront adds context and further architectural interest.