1830 - 1880
Terraced three-bay two-storey former house and shop, built c. 1840, having timber tripartite shopfront to front (east) elevation and dormer attic. Pitched slate roof with brick chimneystack and cast-iron rainwater goods. Timber bargeboards to dormer attic. Square-headed openings to first floor having six-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows and painted stone sills. Shopfront comprising Doric style pilasters supporting fascia with raised marbelised lettering and cornice. Square-headed display windows, now blocked up. Square-headed opening having glazed overlight over timber battened double-leaf doors.
This building retains many notable features such as the timber bargeboards to the dormer windows, slate roof and sash windows, which help to preserve the original appearance of the structure. The survival of the raised marbelised lettering on the fasica board is of considerable significance. Its roofline distinguishes the building, and makes it a more notable structure in the Croom streetscape.