1830 - 1880
Terraced two-bay three-storey house and shop, built c. 1840, having dormer attic and timber tripartite shopfront to front (west) elevation. Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystack. Timber bargeboards to dormers. Square-headed openings to dormers having timber casement windows and painted sills. Square-headed opening to first floor with two-over-two pane timber sliding sash window and painted stone sills. Shopfront comprising Doric style pilasters supporting fascia with raised lettering and cornice. Square-headed display openings with fixed windows. Square-headed opening having glazed overlight over timber battened door and flanking pilasters.
This building is distinguished in the terrace by its height and dormer windows, which make an interesting punctuation in the roofline. Retaining much of its original form, the façade is enhanced by the timber sash windows and decorative shopfront.