1830 - 1880
Terraced two-bay two-storey house and former shop, built c. 1840, having timber tripartite shopfront to front (west) elevation. Pitched slate roof. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with render quoins. Square-headed openings to first floor having render surrounds, painted stone sills and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Render Doric style pilasters with fascia and cornice with dentillated course. Square-headed display openings having fixed windows and moulded render sills. Square-headed opening with flanking pilasters and glazed overlight over timber battened double-leaf doors.
This house and former shop retains its well crafted tripartite shopfront, which forms the central focus of the façade. The render quoins enliven the lined-and-ruled façade, and added interest is provided by the retention of timber sliding sash windows.