1810 - 1830
Attached single-bay two-storey house and shop, built c. 1820, with render shopfront to ground floor, front (west) elevation. Pitched slate roof with red brick chimneystack and render eaves course. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls with square-headed opening having replacement uPVC window. Render shopfront comprising decorative pilasters with brackets and fascia having raised lettering and cornice. Square-headed opening with plate glass windows having cast-iron sill guard. Square-headed opening with recessed timber door with tiled threshold.
Forming a group with surrounding structures of similar size and scale, this house and shop makes a positive contribution to the streetscape. The single-bay modest form is unusual and enhanced by the shopfront to the ground floor, the decorative detailing which adds artistic interest.