1810 - 1830
Detached four-bay two-storey former constabulary barracks, built c. 1820, with canted bay window to front (west) elevation and two-storey blocks to rear (east). Pitched slate roof with rendered chimneystacks and copings to gables. Hipped slate roof to bay window. Rendered walls, channelled to ground floor, front elevation. Square-headed openings with replacement uPVC windows and render surrounds incorporating decorative keystone details. Round-headed opening with timber panelled door, fanlight and decorative render surround. Rubble stone boundary wall surmounted by cut stone copings and cast-iron railings. Square-profile cut stone piers to pedestrian entrance with carved barrelled caps and cast-iron gate.
The surrounding wall and railings enhance this buildings appearance. It retains much of its original form as well as early features such as the slate roof, bay window and decorative render, which enlivens the façade.