1930 - 1950
Detached three-bay two-storey house, built c. 1940, having single-bay two-storey extension to rear (north) elevation and single-bay single-storey extensions to west and east elevations. Hipped slate roof with overhanging eaves and rendered chimneystacks. Flat roofs to extensions. Rendered walls having render plinth course. Square-headed openings with render surrounds, concrete sills and timber casement windows to first floor and twelve-over-one pane timber casement windows to ground floor. Square-headed opening having render cornice and consoles over replacement aluminum door obscuring recessed square-headed opening with glazed overlight over half-glazed timber panelled door having flanking sidelights with panelled risers. Flight of rendered steps to entrance. Square-headed opening to east extension, west elevation having timber panelled door. Square-headed opening to east extension, east elevation with render surround and timber battened door. Pair of square-profile rendered piers with double-leaf cast-iron gates to east having rendered walls with pebbledash panels, render copings and terminating in a second pair of square-profile rendered piers.
This Edwardian style house of modest proportions is a notable example of early twentieth-century architecture. The varying window treatments articulate the separate storeys, whilst the recessed door opening adds decorative interest. The house is illustrative of the expansion of the suburbs of Doon in the early twentieth century.