1810 - 1830
Terraced two-bay two-storey house, built c. 1820, having late nineteenth-century shopfront to ground floor. Pitched artificial slate roof with cast-iron rainwater goods. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls to ground floor, roughcast rendered walls to first floor. Render platband and strip quoins to first floor. Square-headed openings to first floor having concrete sills and one-over-one pane timber sliding sash windows. Shopfront comprising timber pilasters supporting fascia and cornice. Square-headed three-over-three pane timber sliding sash windows with concrete sills. Square-headed opening having half-glazed timber panelled door.
This house is of a modest scale and form, which contributes to the streetscape. The façade is enlivened by the retention of the timber sash windows. The modest tripartite shopfront is a notable example of its type and is representative of small scale commercial activity which took place in many towns and villages in Ireland.