1850 - 1855
Semi-detached two-bay single-storey T-plan school house, built in 1853, having recent porch to front (south) elevation. Pitched artificial slate roof with limestone eaves course. Dressed limestone walls having tooled limestone quoins and plinth course. Lined-and-ruled rendered walls to west elevation. Limestone trefoil date plaques to east and west elevations. Square-headed openings having tooled limestone surrounds, sills and replacement uPVC windows. Square-headed opening obscured by porch with replacement half-glazed timber panelled door. Pair of cut limestone monolith piers to east having single-leaf metal gate, rubble limestone boundary walls with limestone copings and metal railings.
A well composed modest scale school, built to a standard simple design but distinguished by Gothic Revival features such as the trefoil motifs. High quality design is apparent in the form and execution of the window surrounds, which are cut with a high degree of precision. The school retains its original form and massing, together with important salient features and materials, which enhance the character of the composition. Date plaques to side elevations read: '1853'.