Categories of Special Interest
In Use As
1880 - 1900
Terraced two-bay two-storey red brick house, built c. 1890, with a red brick three-sided canted bay window having hipped slate roof. Further distinguished by a round-arch porch door opening. Two-bay two-storey return prolonged by lean-to outbuilding. Conservatory to rear, c. 2000. Pitched natural slate roof with terracotta comb ridge tiles. Red brick chimneystacks with stringcourses and dog-tooth enriched cornices rise from party walls. Cast-iron rainwater goods. Red brick walls, laid in English garden wall bond with recessed mortar pointing. Segmental-arched window openings with red brick arches, abutting eaves at first floor level, with limestone sills, and uPVC windows throughout. Round-arch door opening with red brick pilasters having cast stucco capitals joined by enriched cast archivolt with foliate keystone. Porch opening closed by glazed uPVC door. Original tiled porch floor, flat-panelled door leaf and margin-paned overlight. Concrete steps to porch door. Elevated front site enclosed from road by rendered plinth wall supporting foliate cast-iron panelling. Cast-iron gate piers support cast-iron gate. Concrete path to front door with steps accommodating rise in levels. Site enclosed from neighbour by wrought-iron fence. Rendered boundary wall encloses rear site, c. 1990.
This house forms one of four houses of similar design, built to uniform principles, which relies on the repetition of the three-sided bay window, doorcase and front site boundary wall treatment. This house is largely intact except for the loss of timber sash windows.