Survey Data

Reg No




Categories of Special Interest

Architectural, Technical

Original Use


In Use As

Shop/retail outlet


1800 - 1820


158014, 156821

Date Recorded


Date Updated



Terraced three-bay five-storey warehouse, built c. 1810, with ashlar limestone front gable elevation. Roof is single-span pitched, ridge perpendicular to the street. Aluminium gutters. Handmade brick to north elevation and rubble limestone to south elevation. New limestone shopfront to ground floor, signage, lighting and wiring on first and ground floors. Central bay has floor to ceiling windows, c. 1990, with concrete surrounds. All window heads on upper floors and head at top of central bay composed of ashlar limestone flat arches made of voussoirs and barely expressed central quoin. All replacement uPVC windows. Oval plaques at head of third floor may be fire plaques. South elevation has handmade red brick window openings. North elevation has two low chimneys. Most of north and south elevations concealed by adjoining three-storey pitched roofed buildings. Warehouse is located on William Street which is a busy thoroughfare.


A fine example of a small warehouse developed on a standard plot size. An important reminder of Limerick’s history as a port and distribution centre. The ashlar façade, particularly two window heads are of good quality. Repairs at roof level and concrete detailing of central bay are of modest quality.