1870 - 1880
Corner-sited end-of-terrace three-bay three-storey rendered building, built c. 1876, with a traditional plaster pub shopfront and a further modern shopfront to the Clontarf Place elevation. Artificial slate roof hipped to corner, gabled to return on Clontarf Place. Rendered chimneystack to south and cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted ruled and lined walls with rusticated quoins and a plinth course. Square-headed window openings with painted stone sills and two-over-two timber sash windows with ogee horns throughout (rear not visible). Moulded architrave surrounds to front elevation and first bay of side elevation to first and second floor, with decorative keystones to first floor only. Symmetrically-placed square-headed door and two window openings to ground floor all with stop-bowtell profiled reveals. Moulded sills and fixed pane timber display windows. Rendered wall to door opening with panels and stone step. Above the three openings is a rendered fascia with cornice and flanked by a pair of double console brackets with gables. Interior window joinery intact.
This is a good end-of-terrace house retaining its original façade composition and windows, with an intact pub shopfront to Henry Street. This corner building, along with the remainder of this intact terrace of four, presents an intact aspect to Henry Street.