1830 - 1850
Terraced two-bay three-storey over partially concealed basement rendered house, built c. 1840, facing directly onto the public pavement. Pitched natural slate roof. Red brick chimneystack to north and south party walls. Cast-iron rainwater goods. Painted ruled and lined rendered walls. Exposed rubble limestone rear elevation with localised red brick infill. Square-headed window openings to façade, with painted stone sills, and replacement uPVC casement windows. Red brick, segmental-arched window openings with replacement uPVC casement windows. Segmental-arched door opening, arrived at by two limestone steps, limestone threshold step, and inset timber doorcase comprising panelled pilasters with console brackets joined by architrave lintel and cornice above; original flat-panelled timber door leaf and webbed fanlight enriched by lead detailing. Rubble limestone boundary wall encloses rear site.
This rendered house bridges the definition of a vernacular architecture and the more formal late Georgian architecture of the city. It is within a terrace of six relatively uniform houses of similar scale, massing and composition.