1790 - 1810
Corner-sited end-of-terrace two-bay four-storey over concealed basement rendered building, built c. 1800, with timber shopfront to both elevations at ground floor level. Roof hidden behind parapet wall with covered coping and a painted brick chimneystack shared with neighbour on O'Connell Street. Heavy cornice below parapet level and a stringcourse below. Painted rendered walls with full-height rusticated pilasters to either end of both elevations surmounted by oval wreath motifs. Square-headed window openings with painted limestone sills and replacement uPVC windows. Heavy timber cornice and timber fascia to ground floor supported by several simple timber-panelled pilasters on plinth bases. Square-headed fixed-pane display windows to both elevations and a modern timber glazed door to Roches Street giving access to the retail outlet. A further modern timber door to Roches Street with an architrave and overlight gives access to the upper floors and is flanked by a pair of pilasters, opening onto the street.
This corner building has an attractive stuccoed façade and an equally attractive shopfront to both elevations. Despite having lost its original timber sash windows, this building occupies a prominent corner site in the commercial centre of Limerick and greatly enhances both streetscapes with its bright and decorative detailing.